Dear Parents and Golfers,
Welcome to the Mountain View Golf program. We, as coaches, are are trying to teach your kids how to play the game of golf. It is a simple game with infinite complexity. It is a fun game with more frustration than you can imagine. It is a game that teaches you about life, character, integrity and sportsmanship. We want this experience to be fun, exciting and rewarding for you and your kids. With the right attitude this will be a great time for everyone and will hopefully plant the seeds for a love of this game for a lifetime.
We only have a few rules that we need everyone to follow:
- Practice Every Day – We hold practice every day, Monday through Friday (even on match days if your child is not playing). Please be at the practice facility on time and ready to practice.
- No Cell Phones – When you come to practice, be ready to practice. Put your phones away. Your social world will be there after practice.
- Listen To Your Coaches – We have been doing this for a long time. Be respectful and attentive. This game is challenging enough without distractions.
- Attitude – Frustration and elation go hand in hand in the game of golf. BE POSITIVE. We want you to have fun and enjoy the game. Be courteous to your competitors, tolerant of your mistakes and respectful to the course.
Each boys and girls team will have five Varsity and five Junior Varsity players. Remaining golfers will be on the practice squad. We will have qualifiers throughout the season and the teams will change each week based on qualifying scores. Be ready each week to play your best.
Each golfer will be required to raise money for participation on the team. This money is necessary to run a quality program and will go towards course usage, range balls, team uniforms, travel expenses, entry fees, end of season awards, and for the State Tournament. In addition, the Meridian School District has a participation fee that each player is required to pay to the district. The coaches will provide information about these fees and we request that each family make arrangements as soon as possible. Please understand that each child receives a tremendous benefit in rounds of golf and range balls over the course of the season. This makes the participation fee very reasonable for the benefit. If your family has a hardship and may not be able to manage the fees, please let the coaches know and we will work with you in any way we can.
Thank you for your support. If you have any questions, please contact us at:
- Coach Gary Larsen – 208-850-4740 email@example.com
- Coach Kelly Bartlett – 208-922-5440 firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the MVHS Golf Team website or you have pictures to add to the player galleries, please email them to email@example.com. Call Michael Thomas at 208-724-8524 with any questions.